This is just a reminder to fill out this survey so we know who to expect at our welcoming event this weekend! It will be held at the Oval on Saturday, September 11th, 2021 at 1:00pm.
Here is the survey:
1:00 – 1:25 PM on outdoor patio of Olympic Oval – Introduction & Special Awards Presentation
– Introduction of Board Members, Technical Director, Debby Fisher, Assistant Technical Director, Marika Nadal, coaches and Speed Skating Alberta technical director, Lorelei St-Rose
– Special awards presentation
1:30- 2:30 PM in Oval Boardroom – Presentation to families new to speed skating
– Calling all new families from both the Oval & Seton locations! This is a great time to get orientated, learn about the sport, the safety equipment, the sport development model, competitions and any other questions you may have. Our technical director, Debby Fisher will be leading this session with Board Member Madeline Sonik-Henderson.
1:30 – 2:30 PM in Oval Lounge – Presentation to returning families & with skaters in the Train to Train (T2T) age groups (11 years + for females and 12 + for males)
– Where are the key events in the upcoming year or two (Youth Championships, Junior Championship, Alberta Winter Games, etc.) and how do you qualify for them? How do you qualify for the Alberta Team or the Oval Pathway Program. Josie Daub will be moderating this session with special guest Lorelei St-Rose, Speed Skating Alberta technical director.
1:30 – 2:30 PM in Room 54 (next to skate shop at Oval) – Skate Sharpening Clinic
– Come learn how to sharpen speed skates with Ryan Hickman. He will show you many tips and tricks as well as all the equipment that is needed to sharpen your own skates.
1:30 – 2:30 PM on the North ice (short-track) – Refresher skate/fun skate
– This session welcomes all skaters who may have been away from the ice for some time due to the pandemic or anyone else who wants some more ice time. All skaters are welcome, including those who have not registered yet! This will keep the skaters occupied while parents attend the other sessions. Marika Nadal will be leading this with the help of some teen skaters.
***Note that due to COVID-19, no food or drinks will be served. All events are free of charge. Your coaches will be sending you an email over the long weekend confirming practice times for the 1st week***