Hello Parents and Skaters,
For those joining the summer program, welcome! For those continuing, welcome back! Please read the following carefully:
1. Programs: Each week, I will attach a program that has the training times and locations for each week’s sessions. The programs also contain instructions for the “On Your Own” sessions. Please send me your skater’s email address, so that I can add them to the weekly programs.
2. In-Person Sessions: Please ask for a PDF for more information on the in-person sessions. If we need to replace an in-person session with an online session due to weather, we will send out an email 1 hour (at the absolute latest) before the session.
The group training times are:
– Online Training: Mondays 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm
– Outdoor Dryland: Wednesdays 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm (***For youth skaters, the outdoor dryland will be from 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm ***)
– In-line Training: Fridays 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm
I will provide an invite to the Zoom meeting in the email each week. I will also send the link to the YouTube playlist with the recorded sessions.
3. COVID-19: Last week, the provincial government released guidelines for outdoor recreation. The most recent version is attached. We will be following these guidelines at all of our group training sessions. 2 m physical distancing will be required at all times, no “common touch” equipment will be used, and disinfectant will be available for athletes and coaches. As the most recent provincial guidelines do not recommend wearing masks for high-intensity exercise, athletes will not be required to wear face coverings. All athletes and coaches are asked to practice proper hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette. Everyone is also encouraged to download the AB Trace Together App.
Most importantly, any athlete or coach who is unwell or is exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 must stay home.
The coming weeks will be a learning experience for everyone. Please be patient as we learn how to operate a program under “the new normal”. That being said, please do not hesitate to provide feedback to the coaching team. As always, please get in contact if you have any questions. My phone number is 403-816-4466.