CSSA is made up of more than skaters! CSSA includes skaters, coaches, a program coordinator, office manager, Board of Directors, staff and VOLUNTEERS!
CSSA Relies heavily on our volunteers. For example, in the 2012-2013 season we logged over 5400 volunteer hours.
- Well over half were for our 2 major meets:
- Alberta Indoor Long Track (January)
- RU Fast Short Track (March)
- Volunteer commitment: 20 hours
- For a family with more than one skating member, each skating member adds 10 volunteer hours to a maximum of 40.
- Many contribute much more than the minimum
- Lots of volunteers lighten the load for everyone
HOW TO VOLUNTEER
CSSA uses an online volunteer sign up program. Volunteer opportunities are added frequently and an email is sent out to all of our members to advise of the new opportunities available. It is quick and easy and we advise you to sign up early to have the most choices available for tasks and shifts being offered. A confirmation email is provided and due to the nature of the program, there may be possible changes or added information, so additional emails may follow.
BENEFITS OF VOLUNTEERING
- Allows our club to provide great events
- Learn more about the sport of speed skating
- Meet other parents and officials
- It’s fun to be a part of an event
- It’s rewarding to make a contribution
- Often provides a ring side viewing location
- Makes time pass quickly at a meet
- Helps keep speed skating costs reasonable
It takes a lot of volunteers to plan and execute a successful speed skating meet. Our skaters rely on your continued support!
MEET VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
- Meet coordinators
- Clerk of the course
- Place judges
- Lap recorders
- Track stewards